Here is a great old plan for Victoria University from the early 1900s.
Source: Archives New Zealand
Here is the full description of the above plan.
On August 27 1904, the foundation stone for the University of Victoria’s first building was laid. Even though the University (then known as Victoria College) was set up in 1897, there was no campus for the organisation and classes were held in numerous buildings across Wellington. The eventual siting of the College in Kelburn was the result of an offer from wealthy Wairarapa sheep farmer Charles Pharazyn. Governor Lord Plunket laid the foundation stone.
The plan presented here is a Public Works Department plan for ‘Proposed Buildings for Victoria College’, from 1903. A second plan (not shown here) notes the approach to the Kelburn campus from Salamanca Road, and designs for what is now known as the Hunter Building. From its inception the Public Works Department (from 1960 the Ministry of Works) produced plans and maps of its work. The plans held at Archives NZ include railways, buildings, roads, and other works such as plant and machinery.
This plan as well as other plans from the Public Works Department can be seen in the Wellington Reading Room.
Reference: ACHL 22541 W5 676 20547 part 1 archway.archives.govt.nz/ViewFullItem.do?code=19482176
Material From Archives New Zealand