In honor of the late Yogi Berra, here is a list of 9 great quotes, one for each position on the diamond.
1. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
Wise words of wisdom.
Yankees Hall-of-Famer Yogi Berra
2. All pitchers are liars or crybabies.
I kind of agree.
Yogi Berra posing with a bat
3. Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.
Fear not Yogi. A lot of people will be at your funeral to celebrate your life.
Familiar catching pose for Yogi Berra
4. We made too many wrong mistakes.
Double negative? Who cares.
Yogi Berra in action
5. Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.
Math wasn’t Yogi’s strong suit.
Yogi Berra at the plate
6. It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.
Humility, humidity, what’s the difference.
In this photograph from August 11, 1955 at Yankee Stadium, Red Sox shortstop Billy Klaus smashes into Yankees catcher Yogi Berra.
7. It gets late early out here.
Especially when daylight savings is over.
Yogi Berra covering home, Jackie Robinson coming in
8. If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.
Travel advice from Yogi Berra. You can’t go wrong with this statement.
Yogi Berra hits 3-run home run against the Pirates in the 1960 World Series
9. It ain’t over till it’s over.
We’ll miss you Yogi.
Yogi Berra (1925 – 2015)